Weekend classes to get you to your goal available now!
CCAPP Academy is user-friendly, local access, and it's hands-on learning approaches it is famous for and will be expanding throughout the state offering more locations, a greater selection of classes and cutting edge curriculum to keep California counselors in the forefront of their profession.
Join CCAPP's e-mail list to keep informed of new classes and locations: CCAPP Academy Mail List.
How do I get started?
- Take a look at the locations and start times below to decide where you would like to take classes and when you would like to start.
- Download the Admissions Application Request by clicking here and fax, scan or mail it back to CCAPP.
- Review the CCAPP Academy 2018 Catalogue to see details about the program.
- You will be notified that your class is scheduled and will be sent forms to complete to complete your enrollment.
- All the materials you will need will be given to you on your first day of class.
Benefits of attending the CCAPP Academy:
- Great modular format - 56 Weeks in 336 hours (Click here to view class list)
- Classes designed to be interactive and keep you thinking!
- Mentoring and career assistance
- The security of knowing that your education will count toward certification - it isn’t lost or wasted along the way
- The pride that comes with saying, “I’m a CADC!”
- It's affordable - the cost of the 336 hour course is only $2,000. (Check or credit card only)
- Staff and Volunteers of CCAPP Program Members receive a $300 discount for the Alcohol and Drug Studies classes. Staff and Volunteers of CCAPP Program Members where the program pays for the Alcohol and Drug Studies classes receive a $500 discount.
About the CCAPP Academy:
The California Association of Addiction Recovery Resources (CAARR) established the CAARR Institute in 1978 to offer an alternative form of education for recovering people working in the alcohol and drug treatment profession. The CAARR Institute was renamed the CCAPP Academy in 2017.
Many of these recovering people chose to work in programs providing peer leadership and experience after finding recovery themselves through participation in alcohol and drug programs. It was discovered that these individuals, who understood the process of recovery that worked for them, could improve their effectiveness by gaining knowledge and technical skills through education.
The Academy was designed to be offered in a comfortable, less "academic" atmosphere in easily accessible locations. Instructors are recruited who have an in-depth understanding of the curriculum and can enlighten students with their vast experience in the field.
As more research on recovery and addiction becomes available the curriculum is revised, edited, and expanded to meet the changing needs of students, programs, and the people they serve.
Today the Academy has grown and is offered at locations throughout California, including suburban, urban, and rural communities. The geographic scope of the CCAPP Academy reaches from Imperial County in Southern California and as far north as Modoc County.
The curriculum addresses a broad scope of information including but not limited to the areas of "Core Competencies" as developed in the CSAT TAP 21. Successful completion of the Academy fulfills the education.
With weekend classes starting four times a year, the CCAPP Academy is the convenient and affordable way to obtain your goal of certification. You can do it... they did!
The CCAPP Academy is BPPE Approved
The CCAPP Academy was granted a significant approval from the State of California in 2012. An "Approval to Operate" was granted to CCAPP Academy by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
"Approval" or "approval to operate" means that the Bureau has determined and certified that an institution meets minimum standards established by the Bureau for integrity, financial stability, and educational quality, including the offering of bona fide instruction by qualified faculty and the appropriate assessment of students' achievement prior to, during, and at the end of its program.
The California Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education is a unit of the California Department of Consumer Affairs charged with regulation of private postsecondary educational institutions operating in the state of California. The agency's main focus is on identifying diploma mills and ensuring a high level of quality in California's Postsecondary schools.
Current BPPE Report (Annual Accounting)
Current BPPE Fact Sheet (How we did)
Student Bill of Rights (CCAPP's promise to you)
"The CAARR Institute was perfect for me. I wanted to be with classmates and know my instructor. If I had questions, I got answers on the spot. I know I will be successful and will pass my test on the first try. I am so glad the CAARR Institute will live on as CCAPP Academy of the future.
All Saturday Classes start dates:
October 5, 2019
October 23, 2019
December 23, 2019
October 24, 2019
December 17, 2019
Current CCAPP Academy Locations*
- Los Angeles County
- Metro (Downtown)
- Long Beach
- Marin County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- Sacramento County
San Diego County
Santa Cruz County
Classes are scheduled according to enrollment. Sign up early to ensure that your location will be staffed.
Do you want to become an instructor?
Upload your current CV or resume to Kristina Padilla at [email protected] for more information.